Sunday, September 8, 2013

Service your Engine in the Quantum Age








I spent yesterday at the motor vehicle department transferring my car registration from New York to New Jersey. Normally this would be an easy exercise but my check engine light had been on and off for the last month and after many mechanical fixes and much money, the light was off and I new I had a tiny window to get my car inspected. As I drove from Motor Vehicle to the inspection garage I stated out loud to the Universe the outcome I desired...."I have had enough of this trouble with my car, I want my light to stay off, get through this inspection with flying colors and be done with worries about my car". I've been reading about this new Quantum Age that we are entering and I was sure that being apart of this new age, I too could create the outcome of my own reality. If the outcome of what I want depends on my intention, then out of the multiple scenarios available, my desire would be the chosen one.Here I am, September 2013, part of one of the biggest changes in human history.. The Quantum Age. The first quantum computer developed by Canada's company D-Wave Systems will be installed at the new Quantum artificial intelligence lab at NASA, and in May, Google and NASA announced they were teaming up to share one of the world's first commercial quantum computers.
I can only imagine what applied quantum physics will do to the possible outcomes of data for computer programming, but in my world what I find so exciting is that the way we think will by necessity soon be changing to accommodate this total new way of thinking; we are about to all be bringing into our daily lives quantum behaviors in the way we experience our brains, our appliances, cars, computers and how the Internet works in this new age of looking at all possible outcomes. Things will not be black or white, true or false , fair or unfair anymore. There will be many many more choices, options, outcomes that our linear brains couldn't come up with on our own. Even the option that possibilities can exist simultaneously, such as being true and false at the same time. Along with this new age will be our children, whose brains will morph with the times. In theory, quantum computers will be able to crunch enormous amounts of data and know the problems by finding the one elusive solution out of gazillions because it looks at all the solutions at the same time. Where does this leave us, the 'older' generation?
I imagine we will be filled with awe as we watch the world we know grow and expand. We will watch the next generations use more of their brain space. I'm sure it was no accident that my new NJ license plate has DNA in it...they say us humans will begin to use more of their unused brain and their unused and curious parts of our DNA. I can only hope and pray that having the ability to see all outcomes will bring more peace to this world.
On the earthly level, if you're wondering, I passed my inspections. As I drove out of the garage feeling elated, I was proud to have my inspections sticker on the front window.

Minutes later I watched my clear unlit dashboard light up with the words  SERVICE ENGINE SOON.

God, you are so funny....

No comments: